Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Final Post: Reflection

Photo credit to ghs 1963 photos on Flickr

Throughout my experience in Introduction to Technology for Educator, I learned a lot more than I thought I would in the beginning. Before beginning this course, I had no idea of the many different tools and resources that I would learn in such a short amount of time. Every assignment that I completed has taught me something new and enhanced some of my previous knowledge. Despite this class being a mini-semester and only six weeks, I am proud of how well I worked through all of the assignments and stayed on track.

The main resource in any class is the textbook. Our textbook, Transforming Learning with New Technologies, was probably the most effective textbooks that I have used since beginning my college career. Every concept and idea within our textbook was explained in full detail and really helped me understand all of them. There were also many different technologies and techniques explained within the textbook that gave me inspiration for my future classrooms.

As I mentioned previously, all of the assignments in this class taught me something new and built upon previous knowledge. The assignments that I really enjoyed were the group collaboration assignments (Instructional Strategies Wiki). Because this was an online class, we never got the chance to get to know each other. Through the group project assignments, our groups got to somewhat know each other in a short period of time and create awesome projects!

Another assignment that I really enjoyed working on was the Teacher ePortfolio. I decided to use Weebly for my portfolio and I was surprised at how simple it was to use. This assignment gave me the opportunity to think in the mind of a teacher and present myself how I want my students and their parents to see me. It also gave me an opportunity to see all of the work that I completed throughout these past six weeks.

Overall, I have really enjoyed this course and I will take a lot away from this course. I can not wait to implement many of the techniques and tools into my future classroom I just passed my General Knowledge Test and am waiting to hear from the Bachelor’s program. I am now more excited than ever to begin my career as an educator!


References

Calabrese, Adele. (2016, June 20). Teacher ePortfolio. Created with Weebly. Retrieved on June 21, 2016, from http://adelecalabreseeme.weebly.com/ 

ghs 1963 photos. (2013, June 11). Teacher's apple. Retrieved on June 21, 2016, from https://www.flickr.com/photos/ghs1963/9029843134/in/album-72157634096357524/ 

Instructional Strategies Wiki. (2016). Retrieved on June 21, 2016, from https://eme2040sua16online03.wikispaces.com/ 

Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.


No comments:

Post a Comment